Leverage your Shopify customer account page this BFCM and holiday season sale to drive profits.
Black Friday Cyber Monday (BFCM) is one of the busiest times for eCommerce businesses and customers.
In 2022, BFCM online sales hit a record high of $9.12 billion. And according to expert predictions by Insider Intelligence, 2023 will see 4.5% rise in sales.
Take a look at the US sales data and prediction:
This year, the numbers are going to increase.
Are you a Shopify retailer? Do you want to know how to maximize sales? Do you want to exceed expectations and give the best customer experience this BFCM and Holiday Season sale?
That’s where the customer account page comes in.
In this blog, we tell you why you need a customer account page for the BFCM sale and its use cases.
The biggest BFCM trends for 2023
- The BFCM craze has spread internationally. This means customers will shop online from international sites as well
- Customers tend to login on eCommerce sites much before BFCM, save their favorite products in their shopping carts and make the final purchase during BFCM
- Consumers are using mobile devices to make online purchases more than ever. This means you must ensure your site and BFCM landing page is mobile optimized
- Payment options such as Buy Now Pay Later help boost sales during BFCM
- The most sold items are toys, stationery, appliances, electronics, and books
- The average order value is rising. This means you must think of sale strategies such as bundling
- Ecommerce businesses are offering heavy discounts during BFCM so save your best discounts for this time
- Last but not the least, start your BFCM Shopify marketing plan months in advance
The above trends can help you create your Shopify BFCM checklist much in advance so that you are prepared well in time.
12 Ways in which a Shopify customer account page can help during the BFCM and Holiday Season sale
Let’s take a look at some of the ways in which a Shopify customer account page can help your online business grow in terms of its customer engagement, sales and repeat sales.
1. To collect customer data
The Shopify customer account page is one of the most critical for collecting customer data. You can gather information about recent purchases, wishlist, purchase patterns, preferences, and customers’ demographic details from this page.
During the BFCM sale, customers tend to purchase more. Moreover, they might purchase items they don’t buy otherwise when products are not on sale. This purchasing behavior can help you personalize future offers for them.
Customer data can help eCommerce businesses:
- In forecasting product demand during the sale
- Offering personalized recommendations during the sale
- Plan your sale offers better based on customer data
- Compiling and analyzing competitor data can help you beat competition
- Extract industry trends from data to enhance customer experience
- Target specific customers with relevant BFCM offers
- Gather insights into the performance of your products, services, website features, etc., any parameter you would like to measure and optimize
2. To craft personalized campaigns
Customer data collected from the customer account page can help you create personalized marketing and promotional campaigns.
But why do eCommerce marketers and experts give so much importance to personalization? Consider these statistics to understand why personalization is key in today’s eCommerce world:
- 73% of shoppers expect brands to understand their unique needs and expectations
- 76% of customers feel frustrated when brands do not offer personalization
- 83% of consumers are willing to share their data for more personalized experiences
The more you know about your customers, the better you’ll be able to target them. Here are some ways in which the customer account page helps with personalization:
- Information from the order history can give you insights into customers’ purchase behavior and patterns, likes, interests, etc.
- Items in customers’ wishlists can help you craft promotional campaigns during BFCM. For example, offer discounts on the products in the wishlists
- You can nudge customers to buy during the BFCM sale with the store credits collected and create personalized offers. For example, buy using store credits and avail free shipping
3. To nudge customers to reorder products during the BFCM sale
Many customer account pages have the reorder feature. This means when customers want to buy an item they purchased in the past, they have to simply click on the reorder button.
Here’s how the ‘reorder’ feature can be particularly useful during the BFCM time:
- Customers don’t have to search for products on your site, add to the cart, and go through the checkout process all over again. With reorder, they can make purchases faster and easier during the BFCM sale shopping frenzy
- By looking at customers’ past reorder data, you can nudge them to replenish items by buying them at discounted prices during the BFCM sale. This helps boost your sales during BFCM and makes customers happy as they get to purchase their most essential items at discounted rates
- The reorder feature also helps eCommerce businesses predict product demand and hence, better manage the inventory
Adding a reorder button on your Shopify customer account page is easy with Flits. And if you’re looking for more ideas to maximize returns from the reorder feature, read this blog that features actionable strategies.
4. It makes shopping easier during the sale
The BFCM sale period is hectic for both eCommerce businesses and customers. Customers are busy shopping from different websites. In such a frenzy, imagine customers having to type out their contact details, delivery address, and card payment details at every checkout—it can get annoying and distracting.
And that’s why having a customer account page helps. All that customers have to do is log in to their account and start shopping. All the other details are already registered; hence, they do not have to reshare the details when they want to make purchases.
Here’s how a customer account page makes shopping during the BFCM sale easy:
- Customers can log in quickly
- Customers don’t have to reshare their delivery address
- The preferred payment methods and card details are saved
- Checkout and purchases become faster
- With mobile shopping, they can shop from the sale on the go, thus avail timely discounts and deals
- It helps with post-purchase order tracking, updates, and customer queries, building more trust for first-time customers
- It helps brands collect customer data of first-time customers. This can be used to retarget and remarket specific customers
5. One place to access all information
Another advantage of having a customer account page during the BFCM sale is that customers can find all the details of their shopping in one place. And there are many plus points of this feature:
- Customers can see the items they’ve already purchased so that they don’t rebuy them from the same site or another site
- Customers can add products they like to their shopping cart. Then, they can compare prices with different stores and make better purchase decisions
- Customers can change their account details whenever they want. For example, if they’re going to buy products from the BFCM sale and send it to the address of their family members, they can do so by adding multiple addresses
- Tracking orders becomes much easier via the customer account page. As customers tend to buy multiple products, they can track the deliveries in a more organized way
- Ecommerce stores also offer store credits or reward points during the BFCM sale. Customers can get an overview of their points and make purchase decisions based on the available points
6. Easily use store credits earned earlier during the BFCM sale
If your Shopify store’s reward program is a part of your customer account page, your customers can access information about their rewards on the same page.
By knowing how many points they’ve collected, customers can redeem their points to buy items from the BFCM sale—in the process, earn more points.
This means they earn more points with every purchase and spend more using reward points.
In addition, you can increase the opportunities for them to earn store credits. Here’s how:
- Offer store credits for every purchase made during BFCM sale
- Offer real-time store credits during the sale time so they feel more motivated to make purchases
- Give store credits if they share about your BFCM sale or products during this period
- Offer store credits for reviews and ratings shared during BFCM
You can easily make your rewards or store credits program a part of your customer account page by installing the Flits app on your Shopify store.
There are many ways to use store credits before, during, and after BFCM.
7. Offer incentives on products in wishlists
One way to move your inventory faster during the BFCM sale is to use data from customers’ wishlists.
You already know that customers are interested in those products. And maybe they were waiting for the products to go on discount so they could purchase them.
While you may be unable to offer hefty discounts on all the items, you could offer some other incentives, too—for example, free shipping, same-day shipping, extra points, etc.
Here are some ideas:
- Offer heavy discounts on products in the wishlists
- Bundle products, for example, club a wishlist product with another product you want to promote and offer a discount. That way, you can sell more
There are more ways you can use the wishlist feature during the BFCM sale period. Here’s how:
- Use wishlist data to segment customers based on their interest and run targeted campaigns during BFCM time
- Use information from wishlist to run retargeting ads during or after BFCM
- Use wishlist for better inventory management
- Assess trends and make better business decisions via wishlist
- Offer better product pricing with the help of wishlist to boost sales during BFCM
- Provide better shopping assistance during the BFCM sale time to customers
Want to learn more about how to optimize the wishlist feature? Read this blog.
8. Turn new store visitors into registered customers
You would get different kinds of shoppers visiting your Shopify store during the sale season — old, registered customers, and new visitors.
Consider these statistics about the growth rate of eCommerce business:
- 24% of retail purchases will be made online by 2026
- The eCommerce market will reach $8.1 trillion by 2026
- 57% of consumers say they shop online internationally
Now, if you’re not putting in effort to capture the new customers visiting your site during BFCM, you will lose out to your competitors in the long run.
While one of your main goals during the sale time would be to increase sales, your other goal should be to get more people to register on your site. And that’s where the customer account page helps.
Here’s how to go about it:
- Create campaigns to nudge your new visitors to register. For example, register and earn store credits
- Ensure your new visitors have an enriched experience in your store that encourages them to register
- Simplify the registration process by enabling a social login option
9. Create campaigns around the customer account page before, during, and after BFCM
Another way to use your Shopify customer account page is to create campaigns around it.
For example, you can create campaigns before, during, and after the BFCM and holiday season sale.
Here are some ideas you could try:
- Offer early access to the BFCM sale if shoppers register as customers. This is a campaign you can run before the sale begins
- During the BFCM or holiday season sale, you could try a campaign that encourages customers to log in. For example, unlock discounts if you log in and shop
- After the sale is over, encourage customers to log in to use the store credits earned during the sale period
- Engage newly registered customers by running campaigns through the customer account page
10. Increase BFCM sales via customers’ browsing history
Customers might keep browsing your site and, while doing so, may navigate to different pages. For example, they might want to return to a product they had liked but didn’t save.
This is where a feature like ‘recently viewed products’ helps—customers can see the products they saw recently.
Here’s how you can increase your BFCM sales via recently viewed products:
- You could offer discounts or incentives on recently viewed products
- Nudge customers to revisit the products they browsed earlier
- Show the recently viewed products on the customer account page. That way, they know where they can view those products
11. Include sale terms and conditions on the customer account page
It’s possible that many of your payment, delivery, exchange, and returns policies are different for the sale. And so, you should follow the best practice and inform customers about it.
One of the best ways to inform customers is to share the information on the customer account page.
You could create a separate section on the customer account page to add all the information. That way, customers know where to access the information and get their doubts cleared.
12. Use the customer account page to gamify your BFCM sale
The BFCM and holiday season sale period is exciting. Customers are in high spirits. And they expect brands to provide them with engaging experiences.
With so much competition all over the internet, how do you ensure you’re able to attract customers?
One way to do so is by incorporating gamification in your sale. Gamification can help boost sales and engagement by more than 100%.
There are many ways to gamify your Shopify BFCM experience. Here are some:
- Buy five items within the next hour and win exciting prizes
- Run lucky draw contests that require customers to log in to the customer account. For example, you’ve been entered in a lucky draw contest. Log in to your customer account, go to your profile and scratch the card to see the results
13. Bring back dormant customers via BFCM campaigns
Many of your old customers might have become dormant over the last year. The BFCM sale time is an excellent occasion to revive their interest in your brand and bring them back to your Shopify store.
The hard truth is that your customers are also clients of other brands. And every business is competing for their attention during BFCM. If your customer engagement strategies fail to keep them interested in your brand, they will go to another. However, everything’s not lost.
When you find inactive customers via your customer account page data, you may use different strategies to entice them to return to your Shopify store. Use these tactics:
- Offer special and high discount and incentives to dormant customers
- Word your communication in a way that touches them emotionally
- Show them what they’ve missed in your store—all the new products, collections, etc.
- Use features such as store credits, referrals, reward program, social media, etc. to target dormant customers
Set up your Shopify customer account page to drive BFCM and holiday season sale success
If you’re still reading this article, you now know 13 ways to leverage your customer account page to increase engagement and conversions around the BFCM and holiday season sales.
And as you get your Shopify BFCM checklist ready, alongside, you must install a comprehensive customer account page with all the essential features. Moreover, you’ll have to choose a tool that allows customization so that the page matches your website and branding.
Meet Flits Customer Account Page App—designed for Shopify sites; it is one of the most preferred tools by thousands of Shopify stores across industries.
With add-on features such as social login, wishlist, and recently viewed products, among others, on a Shopify customer account page, it can set you up for a successful BFCM and holiday season.