Leverage your Shopify customer account page this BFCM and holiday season sale to drive profits.
Black Friday Cyber Monday (BFCM) is one of the busiest times for eCommerce businesses and customers.
Last year, nearly 179.8 million people in the US shopped during the BFCM sale. And retailers saw $62 billion in online sales.
Take a look at the global sales data from last year’s BFCM sales:
This year, the numbers are going to increase.
Are you a Shopify retailer? Do you want to know how to maximize sales? Do you want to exceed expectations and give the best customer experience this BFCM and Holiday Season sale?
That’s where the customer account page comes in.
In this blog, we tell you why you need a customer account page for the BFCM sale and its use cases.
Let’s take a look at some of the ways in which a Shopify customer account page can help your online business grow in terms of its customer engagement, sales and repeat sales.
The Shopify customer account page is one of the most critical for collecting customer data. You can gather information about recent purchases, wishlists, purchase patterns, preferences, and customers’ demographic details from this page.
During the BFCM sale, customers tend to purchase more. Moreover, they might purchase items they don’t buy otherwise when products are not on sale. This purchasing behavior can help you personalize future offers for them.
Customer data can help eCommerce businesses:
- In forecasting product demand during the sale
- Offering personalized recommendations during the sale
- Plan your sale offers better based on customer data
Customer data collected from the customer account page can help you create personalized marketing and promotional campaigns.
The more you know about your customers, the better you’ll be able to target them. Here are some ways in which the customer account page helps with personalization:
- Information from the order history can give you insights into customers’ purchase behavior and patterns, likes, interests, etc.
- Items in customers’ wishlists can help you craft promotional campaigns during BFCM. For example, offer discounts on the products in the wishlists
- You can nudge customers to buy during the BFCM sale with the store credits collected and create personalized offers. For example, buy using store credits and avail free shipping
Many customer account pages have the reorder feature. This means when customers want to buy an item they purchased in the past, they have to simply click on the reorder button.
They don’t have to search for the product on the site, add it to the cart, and go through the checkout process. Reordering makes the purchase faster and easier.
By looking at customers’ past reorder data, you can nudge them to replenish items by buying them at discounted prices from the BFCM sale. This helps boost your sales during BFCM.
Adding a reorder button on your Shopify customer account page is easy with Flits.
The BFCM sale period is hectic for both eCommerce businesses and customers. Customers are busy shopping from different websites. In such a frenzy, imagine customers having to type out their contact details, delivery address, and card payment details at every checkout—it can get annoying and distracting.
And that’s why having a customer account page helps. All that customers have to do is log in to their account and start shopping. All the other details are already registered; hence, they do not have to reshare the details when they want to make purchases.
Here’s how a customer account page makes shopping during the BFCM sale easy:
- Customers can log in quickly
- Customers don’t have to reshare their delivery address
- The preferred payment methods and card details are saved
- Checkout and purchases become faster
Another advantage of having a customer account page during the BFCM sale is that customers can find all the details of their shopping in one place. And there are many plus points of this feature:
- Customers can see the items they’ve already purchased so that they don’t rebuy them from the same site or another site
- Customers can add products they like to their shopping cart. Then, they can compare prices with different stores and make better purchase decisions
- Customers can change their account details whenever they want. For example, if they’re going to buy products from the BFCM sale and send it to the address of their family members, they can do so by adding multiple addresses
If your Shopify store’s reward program is a part of your customer account page, your customers can access information about their rewards on the same page.
By knowing how many points they’ve collected, customers can redeem their points to buy items from the BFCM sale—in the process, earn more points.
This means they earn more points with every purchase and spend more using reward points.
You can easily make your rewards or store credits program a part of your customer account page by installing the Flits app on your Shopify store.
There are many ways to use store credits before, during, and after BFCM.
One way to move your inventory faster during the BFCM sale is to use data from customers’ wishlists.
You already know that customers are interested in those products. And maybe they were waiting for the products to go on discount so they could purchase them.
While you may be unable to offer hefty discounts on all the items, you could offer some other incentives, too—for example, free shipping, same-day shipping, extra points, etc.
Here are some ideas:
- Offer heavy discounts on products in the wishlists
- Bundle products, for example, club a wishlist product with another product you want to promote and offer a discount. That way, you can sell more
You would get different kinds of shoppers visiting your Shopify store during the sale season — old, registered customers, and new visitors.
While one of your main goals during the sale time would be to increase sales, your other goal should be to get more people to register on your site. And that’s where the customer account page helps.
Here’s how to go about it:
- Create campaigns to nudge your new visitors to register. For example, register and earn store credits
- Ensure your new visitors have an enriched experience in your store that encourages them to register
- Simplify the registration process by enabling a social login option
Another way to use your Shopify customer account page is to create campaigns around it.
For example, you can create campaigns before, during, and after the BFCM and holiday season sale.
Here are some ideas you could try:
- Offer early access to the BFCM sale if shoppers register as customers. This is a campaign you can run before the sale begins
- During the BFCM or holiday season sale, you could try a campaign that encourages customers to log in. For example, unlock discounts if you log in and shop
- After the sale is over, encourage customers to log in to use the store credits earned during the sale period
- Engage newly registered customers by running campaigns through the customer account page
Customers might keep browsing your site and, while doing so, may navigate to different pages. For example, they might want to return to a product they had liked but didn’t save.
This is where a feature like ‘recently viewed products’ helps—customers can see the products they saw recently.
Here’s how you can increase your BFCM sales via recently viewed products:
- You could offer discounts or incentives on recently viewed products
- Nudge customers to revisit the products they browsed earlier
- Show the recently viewed products on the customer account page. That way, they know where they can view those products
It’s possible that many of your payment, delivery, exchange, and returns policies are different for the sale. And so, you should follow the best practice and inform customers about it.
One of the best ways to inform customers is to share the information on the customer account page.
You could create a separate section on the customer account page to add all the information. That way, customers know where to access the information and get their doubts cleared.
The BFCM and holiday season sale period is exciting. Customers are in high spirits. And they expect brands to provide them with engaging experiences.
With so much competition all over the internet, how do you ensure you’re able to attract customers?
One way to do so is by incorporating gamification in your sale. There are many ways to do so. Here are some:
- Buy five items within the next hour and win exciting prizes
- Run lucky draw contests that require customers to log in to the customer account. For example, you’ve been entered in a lucky draw contest. Log in to your customer account, go to your profile and scratch the card to see the results
If you’re still reading this article, you now know 12 ways to leverage your customer account page to increase engagement and conversions around the BFCM and holiday season sales.
But to do so, you’ll need to install a comprehensive customer account page with all the essential features. Moreover, you’ll have to choose a tool that allows customization so that the page matches your website and branding.
Meet Flits Customer Account Page App—designed for Shopify sites; it is one of the most preferred tools by thousands of Shopify stores across industries.
With add-on features such as social login, wishlist, and recently viewed products, among others, on a Shopify customer account page, it can set you up for a successful BFCM and holiday season.