Increase customer engagement on your store with these strategies.
As the eCommerce market grows, competition between brands is bound to increase. One of the best ways to ensure you stay on top of your eCommerce game is to increase customer engagement on your Shopify site.
Irrespective of whether you’re a new Shopify store or an established one with a huge customer base, there’s great importance in employing the best practices for eCommerce customer engagement.
One of the best ways to engage customers is to do it through your Shopify customer account page. Here are seven easy hacks to increase engagement with your current and prospective customers via your customer account page.
Ways to increase customer engagement through your Shopify customer account page
1. Interlink activities to the customer account page
One of the easiest ways to increase customer engagement with the help of the customer account is to route all types of activities through the page. Simply put, make customers log in to perform actions such as sharing feedback, reviews, adding items to wishlists, etc.
Here are some practical ways to do it:
- When customers make purchases, run email campaigns to request them to share feedback and reviews. Take them to the login page by making them click on buttons such as ‘share feedback now’
- While customers are browsing products on your site, they may like some that they’re not ready to buy just yet. Allow them to add those products to the wishlist, but, make login to the Shopify customer account page mandatory in order to add items to wishlist
- Include features such as reward points and store credits on your customer account page. Allow customers to access and use these features only by logging into their customer account
2. Make it easy for customers to log in
Imagine this – a new shopper gets to know about an ongoing sale on your Shopify site. They open your site and start browsing the sale. They like a few items that they want to add to the cart. But, they’ll need to login to the account to do so.
This new customer isn’t registered and hence clicks on the ‘sign up’ button. Next thing they encounter is a long form to fill in details. A long sign up form is the perfect recipe to irritate shoppers.
To make sign up and login easy for your customers, make it simple. One way to do so is to enable social login. In other words, limit the number of clicks and implement auto-fill features. These will help make the registration process faster and to avoid shoppers losing interest. 77% of consumers consider social login as a necessary login solution.
Moreover, when you allow social login, you can ensure:
- Authentic information about customers
- Access to their social media accounts that can be used for marketing
- Faster login every time
- Customers won’t have to remember one more password
- More data from their social media accounts
3. Offer exclusive discounts if shoppers log in to shop
Shoppers love incentives. Infact, the human brain is wired to find joy and satisfaction when there are discounts. We’re more drawn to brands and sites that offer discounts and deals.
One of the simplest and most common ways to improve eCommerce customer engagement is to offer incentives. Let’s look at some ways in which you can increase customer engagement with the customer account.
- When shoppers browse your site, show a pop-up messages such as, ‘login to save 10%’
- Encourage new shoppers to sign up by offering a discount on their first purchase post sign up
- During sales, enable discounts only when customers are logged in
- Run campaigns on different channels such as email, SMS, social media, etc., to motivate customers to log in to see the different deals and discounts – bring in an element of surprise
4. Run exclusive contests for registered customers
Contests are a great way to engage eCommerce customers. A whopping 94.46% of contest participants share the promotion immediately after they register for the contest. Hence, there’s importance in running contests exclusively for registered customers. Such contests can be an effective way for your store to create engagement through your Shopify customer account page.
Some best practices to follow:
- Entice customers by offering exciting prizes
- Build excitement around the contest on other channels such as social media
- Make it easy for customers to access the contest page by logging in
- Run contests and giveaways regularly. It will help create more engagement opportunities
5. Provide a ‘Contact Us’ section within the customer account page
Your customers might want to reach out to you for many reasons. For example, to get different queries answered, to initiate a refund, to know more about a certain product, etc.
One way to make it easy for them to contact you and at the same time increase engagement on your customer account page is to make ‘Contact Us’ a part of your customer account page.
You could either have a contact us form or list down your contact details such as email address, phone number, or WhatsApp number on this page.
Making the contact page a part of the customer account is an easy way to increase engagement on this page. Moreover, it helps to build trust. Customers would know exactly where to go and what to do when they need to contact you.
6. Make ‘Order Tracking’ a part of the customer account page
Nothing is more awful than leaving your customers anxious and guessing about their order status. Most customers are eager and curious to know their order status. Once they place an order, they expect to know where their orders are, when they’d be dispatched and other delivery details.
One of the best ways to enable customers to track their orders is to include it in the customer account page. Providing them important information about their orders becomes quite easy by allowing them to track their orders on the customer account.
Likewise, you can allow customers to track every detail about their orders via that customer account – return policy, delivery partner details, delivery agent contact, etc. When you engage customers in this way, it helps build trust. They know where they’d have to go to find details about their orders and that if there’s any issue, they can easily get in touch with you via the ‘Contact Us’ section on your Shopify customer account page.
7. Encourage account creation, but tactfully
You can increase customer engagement by increasing the number of registered customers. The more customers sign up, the more you can engage them via different tactics such as personalized marketing campaigns, promotions, etc.
But to get shoppers to sign up is easier said than done. Most shoppers would choose to make purchases without signing up. Because they don’t want to be bombarded with marketing messages, and don’t want their personal details floating around on different eCommerce websites.
So, one smart thing to do is not to push them to sign up right away as soon as they land on your website. Wait until they browse a few products, offer them discounts and incentives in real-time to get them interested in purchasing. Help them shop on your site with live chat assistance.
By this time, they’d build some trust in your site. They’d start liking the experience on your site and start feeling comfortable. Then, when they’re ready to make their first purchase or avail the first discount on your site, bring forth the opportunity for them to sign up on your site.
Besides this, let them know the benefits of signing up on your website. They should know how signing up will make their lives easier and their shopping experience better.
By increasing customer engagement on your eCommerce site, you can ensure a higher customer retention rate. Moreover, just a 5% boost in customer engagement can help increase your profits by 95%! So, why not use these simple hacks to maximize profits?
But here’s the thing, you can only get the best out of your Shopify site if you use the most efficient tools to engage customers. This brings us to the best customer account page app for Shopify – Flits.
Flits customer account app offers useful add-on features that can help you boost customer engagement 10x on your Shopify store.
Install Flits Customer Account Page App on your Shopify Store Today!