Get more Shopify store visitors to use their social media account credentials.
Are you an online store owner or a digital marketer?
If yes, you know how difficult it is to get shoppers to share their contact details.
Online shoppers are skeptical of sharing contact details such as email address, phone number, etc. And the main reason for this is security and privacy concerns. According to a report by McKinsey, 87% of people won’t transact with a brand because of data privacy concerns.
Hence, shoppers choose to either guest check-out or provide redundant or incorrect information. This makes it difficult for ecommerce businesses to collect contact details for engaging customers.
But there’s one way brands can increase the probability of capturing correct contact details and keep customers engaged, too – by capturing their social media details.
There are many ways in which ecommerce stores can encourage customers to follow them on social media.
And it’s a win-win for both customers and brands.
Brands can boost customer engagement by sharing announcements on their social media platforms. And customers get to stay up-to-date about the brand, know about sales and discounts, etc.
And there are many more reasons why you should capture social media details of your customers.
Why capture social details of your Shopify store customers?
To get more social media followers
Today, every brand wants to get more followers on their social media platforms. Because consumers actively use social media. In the US alone, 84% of consumers use one or more social media channels!
By capturing their social media details, you can engage shoppers on these platforms through campaigns. Eventually, increase your chances of them following your accounts.
To get your brand noticed by more consumers
The more your social media followers like, share, comment, and engage on your social platforms, the more their friends and followers will notice your brand. It’s an easy and cost-effective way to reach audiences that you otherwise wouldn’t have been able to attract.
To increase sales on your social media platforms
According to a study, 36% of consumers prefer to shop on Facebook and 24.5% on Instagram. Meanwhile, 6% of consumers who’ve never shopped from social platforms, plan to do so. Boosting your social media follower numbers can also help you increase direct sales from these social platforms. Have a look at the chart below.
So, you’d agree that there are many benefits of capturing social media details of your customers. Now, let’s understand how you can easily and creatively encourage shoppers to connect with your brand on social media.
How to get online shoppers to share their social details with you?
If you run a Shopify ecommerce store, this guide is for you. You can learn tactics to capture shoppers’ social details to grow your business. But there’s no one for-sure way to do so.
You’ll have to try different methods such as integrating Shopify social login on your site or run campaigns on other channels that involve social media, etc. Let’s go through these tactics one by one.
Allow customer account sign up through social login
A lot of online stores make customer account registration mandatory. This can put off shoppers who want to make a quick purchase. Most people tend to avoid lengthy sign-up forms. Instead, what if you allowed customers to sign up via social login?
Benefits of social login
- Easy and quick registration process to your Shopify customer account page
- Higher possibility of successful sign-ups
- Reduces cart abandonment as login is quick
- Reduces login failure as customers do not have to remember a separate password
And here’s what you should do to leverage Shopify social login:
- Use the best Shopify social login tool such as Flits Social Login. The tools easy set-up and management features will ease your work so that you can focus on the more important tasks
- Allow customers login options – social login, email, phone, different social platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, etc. It’s important to note that all customer preferences should be considered
- Make the social login sign up process easy to understand, in a few clicks, and visually simple
- You could also offer incentives to encourage shoppers to sign up via their social account. For example, offer store credits, a small discount on the first purchase, etc.
Offer incentives for social follows
You might already be giving a discount to new customers who sign up to your Shopify customer account page. In the same way, you can offer some incentive in return for social follows.
The benefits of doing this:
- You can increase your social media followers on different platforms
- Increase customer engagement on social media
- Run social media campaigns to reach out to customers
- Leverage social media platforms by integrating cross-platform marketing ideas
Tips to offer incentives for social follows:
- Offer incentives such as store credits, reward points, discounts, free shipping etc.
- Ensure you ask customers to follow you on social platforms where you’re most active
- Keep your social media engagement and marketing plan active at all times, 365 days
- Make social media a part of your other campaigns. For example, integrate email campaign and social media
- Make social follow incentives worth it for customers. For example, a 5% discount may not interest customers so much, but free store credits that they can use for shopping is an exciting incentive. Isn’t it?
Offer store credits for sharing product posts on social media
Another way to engage customers on your social media channels and get them to follow you is by running campaigns to encourage them to share their purchases on social media.
But you’ll have to give them some incentive to do so – store credits. You can install a store credits app on your Shopify store to help you set up and manage store credits.
The benefits of combining store credits, purchases, and social media:
- Once customers purchase something, they stand a chance to get something more from you, simply through social media sharing. This makes the social media sharing proposition extremely desirable for customers
- You can increase your social media engagement, increase sales (because customers would buy more to use up the store credits you give them), and boost your social media followers
What you should do:
- Run campaigns to promote this offer on your other channels such as website, email, SMS, WhatsApp, etc.
- Ask customers to share their purchases and tag your brand so that their followers would come to know about your brand
- Add a clear link to your social media pages in your online promotional communication
- Think of ways to position your social media sharing campaign creatively for it to be more effective. In other words, make customers feel excited to be a part of your social media channels
Here’s an example of a brand that does this well – Frankies Bikini. The brand encourages their customers to share their images wearing their products and tagging them by using their hashtag #FrankieGirl on Instagram.
The result: social proof where the audience can see the brand’s products on real people, a community feel, user-generated authentic content, and engaged customers.
Combine the review program with your social media actions
Reviews are your biggest social proof. 93% of consumers are influenced by reviews. Hence, think about ways in which you can increase the number of reviews shared by customers.
One way to do this is to request customers to share reviews on social media and give them store credits in return.
This way, you can tap into your customers’ social networks.
Here’s how – when customers write a review about your product and share it on their social media accounts, their followers would come to know about your brand.
Here’s what you can do:
- Offer store credits for sharing product reviews on their social media accounts
- Ask customers to tag your brand in the review
- Request for visual reviews such as images, videos, etc.
- You could offer them additional credit points for sharing videos. That way, improve the probability of customers sharing reviews
Create a social media exclusive contest
Customers love contests. For ecommerce brands, this is great news, because contests have a conversion rate of almost 34% – that’s higher than other content types.
To use the power of contests to boost your social media engagement, you can run contests that are exclusively on your social media page.
Benefits of social media contents:
- Increase engagement and generate buzz
- Increase brand awareness
- Get new followers
- Generate leads
- It’s an inexpensive way to attract lots of people
Here’s how you can go about it:
- Before you begin the contest, you should know your goal. Keep it realistic, specific, measurable and actionable
- Make the prize exciting and the contest engaging to hook participants
- Make the content exclusive to social media only and not on other platforms
- Pick the social media platforms on which you want to increase engagement
- Promote the content on your website, email, SMS, etc.
Some common types of contests that you can take inspiration from are: caption contest, photo or video contest, vote contest, comment/like/share contest, among others.
Build a community on your social media channels
According to a study by HubSpot, 64% of marketers are planning to invest in social media communities this year.
That’s because today’s customers expect more than just transactions with brands. They have questions, want to share opinions, engage with brands whose products/services they really like, etc. In short, customers want emotional connections with brands.
One of the best ways to do that is to build customer communities. And what better space to build it than your social media pages!
Platforms such as Facebook easily facilitate creating private and public communities. By promoting your community on your website and other communication channels, you can make your customers aware of the community space and encourage them to join it.
Here’s what you could do:
- Create a community exclusively on your social media channel, for example, on Facebook
- Organize online events for the community on social media
- Keep the community activities educational, informative, engaging and exciting, and not transactional (involving sales)
- Focus on belonging – make your community members feel like they are a part of the brand. Provide hands-on service, spark conversations between like-minded community members, make members part of your product decision-making process, etc.
Are you ready to up your social media game?
To get started to get more social media followers, the easiest thing to do is to capture your Shopify store visitors. For that, you can use Flits social login app to set up and manage social logins. Then, sit back and watch your social media followers grow!
Install Flits Customer Account App and Social Login App on your Shopify store today!