In the last few years, the world of business has gone through a digital revolution.
Businesses, especially large-sized, have embraced digitalization and technology to stay competitive and meet customer demands.
Now, here’s something critical — when it comes to the websites of considerably large-sized, enterprise businesses, the customer account page stands out as a key element.
However, merely setting up a Shopify Plus customer account page for your enterprise business is not going to cut it. If you want your business to thrive and flourish, you have to get your customer account right by optimizing it.
So, in this blog, we tell you how to make the most of your Shopify Plus customer account page. Let’s dive in!
What is Shopify Plus?
Shopify Plus is an ecommerce platform that includes features of Shopify platform, and is designed to support enterprise-level, large-sized businesses and merchants. As Shopify businesses grow, they may need to upgrade their eCommerce platform capabilities and capacities. That’s where Shopify Plus steps in. For example, Shopify Plus is well-suited for wholesale businesses, B2B businesses, and any large-sized business with substantial revenue.
What is the Shopify Plus customer account page?
The Shopify Plus customer account page is a hub that holds all customer information — their personal details, delivery addresses, order history, reward points, returns and exchange policy details, etc. Customers can register on your Shopify Plus website and gain access to their personalized account.
The customer account page makes it easy for customers to access information on their transactions with your business. For your business, it becomes an excellent source of customer data, which can be used for future marketing campaigns. That’s not all, large-sized businesses go the extra mile to make their customer account page stand out by adding advanced features.
Install one of the best Shopify Plus apps on your site — Flits Customer Account Page App.
Here’s an example of a Shopify Plus customer account page powered by Flits:
Why do you need a Shopify Plus customer account page?
To begin with, the Shopify Plus customer page is the page that stores all important information for your customers — personal contact, address, saved payment methods, past transactions history, reward points, etc. But apart from this basic use, there’s much more this page can do for your business. Here are some reasons why you must have a Shopify Plus customer account page.
1. Understand your customers better
Enterprise businesses can understand their customers better by using information such as their interactions, behavior patterns on the website, purchase history, etc. And there’s one place where Shopify Plus businesses can find this data — in the customer account page.
Depending on your marketing campaign goals, the Shopify Plus customer account page can give you information about customers’ past and present behavior patterns, which can be analyzed to gain insights that can help predict future potential actions.
2. Increase repeat purchases and boost loyalty
When customers purchase from your site for the first time and leave without registering, they may never return to your site. Simply because it’s easy to forget, or they don’t have anything to come back to. But if you have a customer account where they register, the page itself can bring them back.
For example, if you’re a wholesaler or B2B business, your customers might want to repurchase the product they bought from you. They could simply repurchase items by clicking on ‘buy again’ or ‘repeat order’. Or they might want to revisit your site to use their reward points. These are just a few ways in which the customer page helps improve loyalty and increase repeat sales for enterprise businesses.
3. Personalize customer experience
With increasing competition in the sphere of enterprise businesses (think lower price points and innovative engagement approaches), paying attention to personalization is extremely important. And that’s where the customer account comes in. It brings deep customer insights, automation and analytics that can help you create personalized campaigns.
4. Create an enhanced brand experience
With rapid digitalization of enterprise businesses and adoption of new technology trends, there’s immense competition in the market. A comprehensive customer account page can help you offer a good brand experience. It is one of the most basic elements of providing a good experience to customers.
How to optimize your Shopify Plus customer account page?
Just setting up a Shopify Plus customer account page is not enough. You have to set it up thoughtfully and complement it with other elements and additions to maximize returns on it. Moreover, you must keep the customer at the center of everything when you plan for this page. In this section, we share 7 ways to optimize the Shopify customer page.
1. Customize the customer account on Shopify Plus
The Shopify Plus customer account page is the page that holds a lot of important information—it is a treasure trove of data.
Shopify Plus businesses can make this page stand out and maximize its use for customers by customizing it. For example, apart from customizing the page for visual consistency — brand colors, fonts, images, etc. — you can add website features that are relevant to your brand and customers’ preference.
Here are some elements to have in your Shopify Plus customer account page:
- Order history: provides purchase and translation history
- Personal details: allows customers to update their personal details
- Payment details: enables customers to make secure payments and keep information updated
- Return/ exchanges: makes returns and exchanges easy to initiate and track
- Shipping details: keeps customers in the loop on deliveries
- Track order: enables customers to track order progress
- Wishlist: helps customers purchase their favorite products
- Reorder: makes recurring orders easy for customers
- Store credits: helps customers earn and use credit points
- Recently viewed products: helps customers revisit products they liked
2. Set up store credits or loyalty programs
We, human beings, are wired to feel happy when we receive something in return for something. When you give points or rewards to customers in return for various actions, it leads to a positive experience, and translates to loyalty.
To make this a regular occurrence, enterprise businesses must set up store credits or loyalty programs on their Shopify Plus stores. But many businesses use store credits and rewards programs for short-term gains. Considering the nature of enterprise businesses and bigger goals, they should take a strategic long-term approach to store credits.
Here are some tips to set up store credit or loyalty programs for long-term goals:
- First, understand your customers. Gather insights from their customer account page data, so you can tailor the program experience to their preference
- Personalize the rewards to individual or segmented customer preference. In addition, make it easy for customers to earn and redeem store credits and reward points
- Make sure you provide ongoing value to customers. Keep analyzing your program and incorporating customer feedback to enhance it
- Create a community for your loyal customers to add value to them
3. Incorporate reorder feature
Depending on the products and services your eCommerce business offers, your customers might want to reorder or place recurring orders for certain items. Having a reorder feature makes it easy and fast.
For customers, using the reorder feature brings convenience, faster checkout, makes purchase easier, and ensures order accuracy, among other benefits. For enterprise businesses, it can bring more consistent sales, increased repeat orders, gather data, and help with better inventory management.
Here are some factors to consider:
- Have a dedicated reorder tab in your Shopify Plus customer account page
- Offer incentives when customers use the reorder feature
- Make reorders easy by simplifying the process
- Promote the reorder feature to make customers aware of it
- Create marketing campaigns around the reorder feature
- Automate reorder alerts, notifications, and reminders
4. Add social login
For enterprise businesses, strategies around social media aren’t as simple as they are for small businesses. That’s because there’s a lot at stake and the goals of enterprise businesses are bigger. And that’s where the social login feature comes in.
Most customers prefer to register for an account on eCommerce stores, as it makes login faster, they earn points for registering, can access their purchase history, etc. However, if the registration or login process seems time-consuming or difficult, customers avoid it. To address this issue, you can incorporate social login on your Shopify Plus site.
Here are some tips:
- Simplify the registration and sign-in process with social login
- Include as many social platforms as possible, for example, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.
- Offer incentives to customers to use social login feature
- Run social media exclusive campaigns to boost social login sign-ups
- Collect data and use it for targeted marketing campaigns
- Read this blog to learn strategies to use social login for marketing
By implementing a social login option, you can significantly improve the user experience and reduce barriers to registration, ultimately leading to higher conversion rates and increased sales for your Shopify Plus site.
5. Optimize for mobile
8% of all retail transactions in 2023 will take place via a mobile device, and this number is going to increase by 10% by 2025. With an increasing number of customers using mobile devices to carry out online transactions, it’s a must for enterprise businesses to optimize their site and the customer account for mobile.
Here’s how to optimize your customer page for mobile:
- Ensure your customer account page is easy to access on mobile devices
- The load time is fast
- The page design and format is suitable to small screens
- The text is legible on small screens
- The call to action buttons are easy to click
- The navigation is easy
- The images are clear
- The mobile page design is responsive
- It has a good user experience
- The navigation bar is at the right spot
6. Add the wishlist feature
Another important element to optimize your Shopify Plus customer account page is to add the wishlist feature. This valuable tool comes in handy when your products go out of stock or when you’re launching new items. It enables customers to express their interest in specific products, allowing them to add these items to their wishlists for future purchase. By providing this option, you can have a better grip on inventory management, forecast demand for products, estimate your revenue, and enhance customer acquisition rates.
Here are some tips for wishlists:
- Promote the use of wishlists by creating campaigns around it
- Allow customers to personalize wishlists by renaming them
- Create personalized marketing campaigns around products in wishlists, for example, offer discounts on those products, send alerts when those items are on sale, etc.
Incorporating wishlists on your Shopify Plus store can be a strategic move that not only improves customer engagement but also empowers large-sized businesses to make data-driven decisions, ultimately benefiting your store’s growth and success.
7. Simplify navigation and processes
A study shows that when looking at a site for the first time, 38% of consumers look at navigational links and layout. Customers prefer to transact with brands that make their shopping experience simpler and enjoyable. A complex process can leave them confused and irritated, and they may not want to purchase from your store again. Hence, it’s critical to simplify navigation and enhance user experience.
Here’s how you can simplify navigation:
- Make the Shopify Plus customer account page comprehensive with all essential features
- Create separate tabs for each feature so it’s easy for customers to find and access
- Customize the page to match your enterprise brand guidelines
- Choose a good customer account template
- Always keep your customer account page updated and upgraded
Get started with your Shopify Plus customer account page
If you’re convinced your Shopify Plus site needs a customer account page, you’re on the right track. You now know how to enhance your Shopify Plus experience for customers. However, you will need the right digital tool to help you navigate and automate the processes.
Meet Flits Customer Account Page App, designed for Shopify Plus sites. Flits not only offers an intuitive customer account page but also brings add-on features to help optimize the page. Moreover, Flits offers two customer account page templates to choose from. With its advanced customization features, you get a competitive edge in your industry.